Configuration of 220 kV Sataplia 1-2 OHL as Double-Circuit Transmission Line
The Rehabilitation Project – Configuration of 220 kV Sataplia OHL as Double-Circuit Transmission Line was implemented within the scope of Ten Year Network Development Plan approved by Order No 39 of 8 April 2015 of the Minister of Energy of Georgia as agreed with the Government of Georgia at the meeting held on 26 March 2015.
To this end, a decision was made to ensure the connection between Tskaltubo 220 substation and Kutaisi 220 substation by a new double-circuit section of 220 kV Sataplia OHL and a double-circuit section from No 53 support of 220 kV Derchi-Sataplia OHL to Tskaltubo substation (called Sataplia 1-2 OHL), ensuring the construction of a new right-of-way for 220 kV Derchi OHL instead of the above sections.
The 220 kV Sataplia Single-Circuit OHL Rehabilitation Project from No 53 support of double-circuit Derchi-Sataplia OHL to Kutaisi 220 substation was implemented on the basis of project works performed by the OHL Projects Department of JSC Georgian State Electrosystem.
- Cable grade used in the project: AC-400/51
- Static wire type used in the project: C-70
- The 13,165 km long AC-400/51 project cable has been laid between No 51 double-circuit support of Derchi-Sataplia OHL and Kutaisi 220 substation with the appropriate line fittings and new glass insulators
- Number of installed metal supports: 45 pieces
- Type of fiber optic cable used: SMF 24G-652D
- Project start date: 2 May 2016
- Project completion date: 4 September 2016
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Report
- Environmental Impact Assessment, Non-Technical Summary
- Environmental Impact Assessment, Technical Summary
- Environmental and Social Management plan
Head of Operation Department
Tel.:+995 32 2 510 202
Head of OHL Rehabilitation Department
Tel.: +995 32 2 510 202
Head of East OHL Rehabilitation Department
Tel.:+995 32 510 202