Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bid
(Design, Supply and Installation)
Purchaser: Georgian State Electrosystem JSC
Project: Energy Supply Reliability and Financial Recovery – P169117
Contract title: GSE Data Transport Network deployment with MPLS Technology
Loan No: 8952-GE
RFB No: IBRD/ESRFRP/RFB/01-2023
Issued on: April 04, 2023
Announcement number: DEP230000010
1. Georgia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Energy Supply Reliability and Financial Recovery and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for GSE Data Transport Network deployment with MPLS Technology.
2. The Georgia State Electrosystem JSC now invites bids from eligible Bidders for GSE Data Transport Network deployment with MPLS Technology. The project's aim is to build data transport backbone network for GSE, utilizing MPLS technology, covering needs of SCADA, IT, power metering and other functional divisions. This project will completely replace the old fiber-optic SDH and PDH technologies. Besides flexibility and speed in provisioning services, one of the key elements of the new technology is ensuring much greater cyber security of services by segregating the high-criticality networks from each other.
3. Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, Fourth Edition, November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Bidders shall submit their bids ONLY electronically through Georgian E-Government Procurement System: https://tenders.procurement.gov.ge/login.php?lang=en
5. Bid opening will take place electronically using Georgian E-Government Procurement System with certain modifications. Major modifications to the Georgian E-Procurement System are:
• Functionality of the three rounds of e-Reverse auction is removed. Rounds will not be applicable.
• The estimated cost of the contract is disclosed in the e-Procurement system and bidders can submit a bid price, which could be below or above the estimated cost, however pricing the bid is the responsibility of the bidder which shall be based on the current market prices and any other factors which may influence the pricing of the proposed works.
6. The Bidders shall obtain the Tender Documentation on the following link:
Instruction for registration on the E-Procurement System can be found on the following link:
Instruction for bidding on the E-Procurement System can be found on the following link:
The respective Manuals can be found on the following link:
Requests for clarification should be submitted through the Georgian E-Government Procurement System.
In case bidders fail to indicate GEL equivalent Bid Price in dedicated field of Georgian E-Government Procurement System, the bid may be rejected.
If there is discrepancy between the Georgian E-Government Procurement System read out price and bid price mentioned in the uploaded bid document, then the bid price mentioned in the uploaded bid will prevail. The bid price mentioned in the letter of bid and price schedules in the uploaded bid will be evaluated as per the provisions mentioned in the bidding document.
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of USD 80,000 (Eighty Thousand Unites States Dollars)
8. “Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.”
9. The address referred to above is:
JSC Georgian State Electrosystem (GSE)
No. 2 Baratashvili str., Tbilisi.
International Procurement and Reporting Department
Emails: Guranda.email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com