220kV OHL Jvari – Khorga and 500kV OHL Looping-in of 500kV Kavkasioni OHL
Jvari-Khorga connection project comprises the construction of a 220kV double circuit transmission line from Jvari SS to Khorga SS (approximately 60 km) and the looping of double-circuit 500kV Kavkasioni overhead line in Jvari substation (approximately 8km). Implementation of (a) and (b) components of the project will facilitate the transfer of electricity from the hydropower plants located in north-west part of the country to the direction of west Georgia, Poti free industrial zone and Turkey, and at the same time, will increase the power supply to East Georgia.
The project consultant is German company Fitchner. The project was being implemented by Indian company Jyoti Structures Limited. Since the company failed to fulfill the contractual conditions, the agreement was terminated on 15 August 2018. According to media sources, the company was declared liquidated. A contract was signed with an Indian law entity to check legal status of Jyoty Structures Limited. In accordance with the information provided by the companyJyoty Structures Limited was in the process of insolvency proceedings and it was placed in rehabilitation as a result of the Indian National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) held on March 19, 2019.
A new tender announced once again on 20 July 2019, on the remaining works in agreement with the consulting firm Fichtner and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, according to which the deadline for submission of bids is 20 September 2019. On August 15, 2019, the pre-tender meeting with the bidders was held at the GSE office in Zugdidi.
The following works have been performed in the framework of the agreement:
- 170 out of 171 foundations of 220 kV Jvari-Khorga OHL have been installed.
- The total of 86 towers has been assembled.
- Within the 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL Looping-In Project, 20.5 out of 21 tower foundations have been arranged.
- Within the 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL Looping-In Project, 18 out of 21 towers have already been arranged.
- The cable installation works have been completed along 3,6 km.
As of today:
- There are about
20 critical locations on the OHL, where the contractor had brought some
materials and partially started tower installation works. At present, GSE is
completing the installation of towers on those locations.
The works started on February 25 this year, and as of August 19, the tower installation works have already completed on 17 points out of 20 critical locations.
- 500kv Kavkasioni OHL loop-in Project works has been renewed. Namely, one out of three tower installation works are underway on one location.
- 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL Looping-in Project started on 12 August 2014.
- 220 kV Jvari-Khorga OHL Project started on 12 August 2014.
- The project is supposed to be completed in 2019.
- GoG order №61
- GoG order №981
- Permit №408
- RAP section - 1
- RAP section - 2
- RAP section - 3
- RAP section - 4
- EIA Jvari - Khorga Volume - 1
- EIA Jvari - Khorga Volume - 2
- Executive Summary Jvari-Khorga
- Technical Summary Jvari - Khorga
Tel.: +995 32 2 510 140
Tel.: +995 32 2 510 140