220kV OHL Jvari – Khorga and 500kV OHL Looping-in of 500kV Kavkasioni OHL
Jvari-Khorga connection project comprises the construction of a 220kV double circuit transmission line from Jvari SS to Khorga SS (approximately 60 km) and the looping of double-circuit 500kV Kavkasioni overhead line in Jvari substation (approximately 8km). Implementation of (a) and (b) components of the project will facilitate the transfer of electricity from the hydropower plants located in north-west part of the country to the direction of west Georgia, Poti free industrial zone and Turkey, and at the same time, will increase the power supply to East Georgia. The project consultant is German company Fitchner. The project was being implemented by Indian company Jyoti Structures Limited. Since the company failed to fulfill the contractual conditions, the agreement was terminated on 15 August 2018.
According to media sources, the company was declared liquidated. The following works have been performed in the framework of the agreement:
- 170 out of 171 foundations of 220 kV Jvari-Khorga OHL have been installed.
- The total of 86 towers has been assembled.
- Within the 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL Looping-In Project, 20.5 out of 21 tower foundations have been arranged.
- Within the 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL Looping-In Project, 18 out of 21 towers have already been arranged.
- The cable installation works have been completed along 3,6 km.
A new tender announced on the remaining works in agreement with the consulting firm Fichtner and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, according to which the deadline for submission of bids is 26 November 2018.
Because of the number of problems regarding the implementation of the above-mentioned works, the tender process has suspended/cancelled with the consent of Georgian State Electrosystem and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development until the problems are solved. The tender process has suspended in full compliance with all appropriate procedures.
- 500 kV Kavkasioni OHL Looping-in Project started on 12 August 2014.
- 220 kV Jvari-Khorga OHL Project started on 12 August 2014.
- The project is supposed to be completed in 2019.
- GoG order №61
- GoG order №981
- Permit №408
- RAP section - 1
- RAP section - 2
- RAP section - 3
- RAP section - 4
- EIA Jvari - Khorga Volume - 1
- EIA Jvari - Khorga Volume - 2
- Executive Summary Jvari-Khorga
- Technical Summary Jvari - Khorga
Tel.: +995 32 2 510 140
Tel.: +995 32 2 510 140